A complete application to the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry requires all of the following items. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) Application - must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on December 1, 2023.
- University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Application Processing Fee no later than January 10, 2024. The University of Minnesota requires a non-refundable application processing fee of $85. Your application will not be considered for admission without payment of this fee via credit card at the School of Dentistry application web page. In order to facilitate the timely processing of your application, please submit this fee at the same time as your ADEA AADSAS application. A limited number of application processing fee waivers are available. If you would like to be considered for an application processing fee waiver, please forward your ADEA AADSAS fee waiver information to [email protected].
- DAT scores must be received no later than January 10, 2024. You may send us your unofficial DAT scores via the documents section while you are waiting for us to receive your official DAT scores.
- 3 letters of evaluation are required and must be received no later than January 10, 2024. Two letters must be from science or math faculty (who taught you in a lecture or lab course), with a third letter being submitted from a professional of your choice. We do recommend the third letter be from an employer or supervisor (from a volunteer, work, or research position). Letters of evaluation should be sent via ADEA AADSAS. You may submit additional letters beyond the three required letters through ADEA AADSAS or directly to the U of MN School of Dentistry ([email protected]) by the letter writer (we do not accept letters submitted by applicants).
- Application Materials that are only required if relevant to your situation (must be received no later than January 10, 2024):
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for applicants where English is not the primary language spoken at home. The scores should be submitted via email to [email protected] IF this exam is required of you
- Academic difficulties essay (OPTIONAL): Please provide context for any Incomplete "I", Withdraw "W", "D" and/or "F" grades.