A complete application to the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry requires all of the following items. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) Application - must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on January 12, 2023.
- University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Application Processing Fee no later than February 9, 2023. The University of Minnesota requires a non-refundable application processing fee of $85. Your application will not be considered for admission without payment of this fee via credit card at https://apply.dentistry.umn.edu/apply/. In order to facilitate the timely processing of your application, please submit this fee at the same time as your ADEA AADSAS application. A limited number of application processing fee waivers are available. If you would like to be considered for an application processing fee waiver, please forward your ADEA AADSAS fee waiver information to [email protected].
- DAT scores must be received no later than February 9, 2023. You may send us your unofficial DAT scores via the documents section while you are waiting for us to receive your official DAT scores.
- 3 letters of evaluation are required, 2 from science or math professors (who taught you in a lecture or lab course), and one from an employer or supervisor (from a volunteer, work, or research position) must be received no later than February 9, 2023. Letters from a research faculty will be counted as a supervisor letter, even if academic credit was earned. Shadowing letters typically are not counted as supervisor letters, unless you also worked or volunteered in the office. Letters of evaluation should be sent via ADEA AADSAS. Letters of recommendation need to be up to date for the current cycle. The date on the letter needs to be current (e.g. June 1, 2022 for the 2022-23 cycle). Outdated letters of recommendation will not be accepted. You may submit additional letters beyond the three required letters through ADEA AADSAS or directly to the U of MN School of Dentistry ([email protected]) by the letter writer (we do not accept letters submitted by applicants).
- Application Materials that are only required if relevant to your situation (must be received no later than February 9, 2023):
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for applicants where English is not the primary language spoken at home. The scores should be submitted via email to [email protected] IF this exam is required of you.
- Reapplicant essay: If you have previously applied to ANY dental school (not just UMN) and were not accepted, please explain why you feel you are better prepared or better qualified as a candidate this year than when you last applied. Please specify changes/improvements made to your application.
- Academic difficulties essay: Please provide context for any Incomplete "I", Withdraw "W", "D" and/or "F" grades.