Program at a Glance
- 377 clinical operatories in more than 71,000 square feet of clinic space, treating about 1,000 new patients each month
- Clinical practice in a variety of outreach sites: underserved rural/urban, hospital, Indian Health Service, mobile dental van, and others
- Summer research fellowships under the mentorship of world renowned research faculty
- Team based care: dental, dental hygiene, and dental therapy students practice together to deliver comprehensive care to patients
- Case-based learning that integrates basic, clinical, and behavioral sciences
- Worldwide reputation for research contributions to the understanding of fluoride and decay prevention, microbiology and orofacial genetic anomalies, periodontal disease prevention, pain control, oral cancer, and effective care delivery
- Our students are professional leaders. First in the nation to become full members of their state professional association, our students comprise the 8th District Dental Society of the Minnesota Dental Association (MDA). They participate on association committees and its Board of Trustees, and have voting privileges at the MDA House of Delegates.
- Faculty that reflects a mix of tenure and tenure-track clinical specialists, along with well-respected adjunct faculty.
Take the next step
Learn more about applying for the School of Dentistry.