As an oral healthcare provider, you work with patients every day to address their oral health concerns & behavior. Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based counseling approach to help support patients who struggle with health behavior change. The spirit of MI is collaborative, non-judgmental, and honors the autonomy of the patient. Learn how to integrate MI into your daily practice with our engaging presenter.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
July 1, 2020 12:00 am - December 30, 2023 11:45 pm
All times for all events are in local Central Time.
Learn How To
- Define motivational interviewing (MI)
- Describe the “Spirit of MI”
- Identify MI principles
- Explain the MI guiding strategies and rules
- Discuss the MI process
- Describe brief motivational interviewing (BMI)
- Learn the application of BMI in a dental setting
Electronically mediated: illustrated lectures, case studies