As an oral healthcare provider, you work with patients every day to address their oral health concerns & behavior. Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based counseling approach to help support patients who struggle with health behavior change. The spirit of MI is collaborative, non-judgmental, and honors the autonomy of the patient. Learn how to integrate MI into your daily practice with our engaging presenter.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
July 1, 2020 12:00 am - June 30, 2023 11:45 pm
Instructions - How to complete this course:
- Watch the video.
How to receive CE credit
- Register for the course.
- Complete your brief quiz and course evaluation.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion via email.
Learn How To
- Define motivational interviewing (MI)
- Describe the “Spirit of MI”
- Identify MI principles
- Explain the MI guiding strategies and rules
- Discuss the MI process
- Describe brief motivational interviewing (BMI)
- Learn the application of BMI in a dental setting
Center for Evidence-Based Practices at Case Western Reserve University: Motivational Interviewing Information
Electronically mediated: illustrated lectures, case studies
Credits and Fees