Our targeted, one-day course will build your confidence and skill in the delivery of local anesthesia. You will receive a comprehensive review of the anatomical structures and navigational approaches necessary to troubleshoot potential injections problems. Come away with new skills to utilize the Gow/Gates injection technique as an alternative to the traditional mandibular block injection. You will also learn how factors such as age, weight, and medical considerations affect anesthetic dosing and interact with the newer anesthetic agents.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
August 19, 2023 8:30 am - August 19, 2023 4:45 pm
All times for all events are in local Central Time.
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
6-410 Moos HS Tower
Course Number: CF3370
Enrollment is limited to 24
Learn How To
- Select the appropriate anesthetic based on your patients’ medical history
- Employ the use of needle-free anesthesia options during periodontal procedures
- Choose the appropriate injection for the procedure planned
- Distinguish between the inferior alveolar and Gow/Gates paths of insertion
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your injections with fellow participants
You may choose any or all of the following injections to practice in the clinic:
- Maxillary injections: supraperiosteal, anterior superior alveolar, middle superior alveolar, posterior superior alveolar, nasopalatine, greater palatine
- Mandibular injections: supraperiosteal, mental/incisive, inferior alveolar, lingual, buccal, Gow/Gates
Injection techniques will be practiced on each other & clinical models. Pregnant women may attend this course, but will not receive injections.
Illustrated lectures, discussion, demonstration, and clinical participation