Minnesota licensed dental assistants and dental hygienists may place nonsurgical retraction material for gingival displacement under direct supervision, after successfully completing an accredited course. This practical hands-on course will give you (or your clinical staff) the knowledge and skills to confidently perform gingival retraction procedures in practice.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
September 10, 2022 8:00 am - September 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
6-410 Moos HS Tower
Course Number: CF3448
Enrollment is limited to 20
Learn How To
- Define gingival displacement and hemostasis
- Identify the use of gingival displacement in different clinical situations
- Describe the different methods and techniques of gingival displacement
- Recognize the role of gingival displacement in successful treatment outcomes
- Recognize the limitations and clinical contraindications of gingival displacement
- Identify materials and instruments needed in gingival retraction procedures
- Perform gingival retraction using single cord, double cord and contemporary mechanicochemical techniques.
Illustrated lectures, discussion, demonstrations, exercises and clinical simulation on typodonts.