Our departments share these common goals and achieve them through various ways:
- Educate dentists, specialists and hygienists who provide the highest standard of care
- Provide training and instruction for educators, clinicians and researchers who will provide future leadership in academics, professional organizations, and corporate communities
- Develop new knowledge and understanding in both basic and applied dental and socio-behavioral sciences
- Serve patients by providing optimal care including preventative care, improved modes of health care, patient counseling and education and the best possible diagnostic and treatment services
- Serve the public by providing outreach programs of care, prevention and health education for special groups and consultative and education programs for the public and health practitioners
- Foster, promote and participate in interdisciplinary teaching, research and service within the health care and University communities.
Our departments are home to divisions, programs, research and faculty.
Developmental & Surgical Sciences
The Department of Developmental & Surgical Sciences utilizes a multidisciplinary approach with an emphasis on prevention, public health, dental care delivery systems, and public policy, as well as aspects of direct patient are involving evaluation and management of diseases or conditions of the oral and maxillofacial regions, tooth supporting tissues, malocclusion and child patient, cleft palate and craniofacial disorders.
- Hospital and Special Care Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Diagnostic & Biological Sciences
The Department of Diagnostic & Biological Sciences strives to establish and maintain itself as an academic center of national and international excellence with an emphasis in basic science research, oral medicine and diagnosis and pathology, and patient care.
- Basic Sciences
- Oral Medicine, Diagnosis and Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- TMD and Orofacial Pain
Primary Dental Care
The Department of Primary Dental Care utilizes a multidisciplinary approach with emphasis on professional practice issues, public health and policy topics, and comprehensive general dental and dental hygiene care for diverse patient populations.
- Comprehensive Care
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Public Health
- Dental Therapy
The Department of Restorative Sciences strives to establish and maintain itself as an academic center of national and international excellence with an emphasis of direct patient are involving evaluation and management of diseases or conditions of the in endodontic, operative and prosthodontic dentistry and by exploring cutting-edge technology in the field of biomaterials.
- Operative Dentistry