The MDRCBB have received kind donation from 3Mgives to host current and future key opinion leaders (KOLs) in oral health care from developing and underdeveloped countries for short-term visits. The program will provide visitors with monthly stipends, allowing them to carry out study and research in the School of Dentistry into biomaterials, biomechanics and related sciences for the betterment of global oral health. Elements of the program include:
- Introduction to the latest research and development in the provision of oral health care solutions, carried out by both the School of Dentistry and its industrial partners;
- Updating of clinical skills by shadowing clinical faculty in the School;
- Learning of numerical and experimental skills which would allow the KOLs to perform research into the evaluation and design of oral health care solutions using state-of-the-art facilities;
- Visits to companies to witness how health care products are being conceived, developed, manufactured and tested for patience safety, efficacy and quality assurance;
- Participation at national or international conferences to further broaden their knowledge in this field and build up their network.
For more information of the program, please contact Dr. Alex Fok at [email protected].
Summer Research Program
Volunteering opportunities are available to those who are interested in pursuing studies or research careers in dentistry and related health sciences to gain an insight into the fields of biomaterials and biomechanics. To find out about current opportunities, contact Dr. Alex Fok at [email protected] or Dr. Conrado Aparicio at [email protected].