2021-2022 Application cycle opens Monday, November 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM, CST, Friday, December 3, 2021.
To apply for the Dr. Fanny N. Freund Advanced Education Scholarship, applicants should follow the process listed below and have all items fully completed and submitted no later than 11:59 PM, CST, on Friday, December 3, 2021.
Complete the online application form. The online application form will ask applicants to enter student profile information and prompt applicants to upload one personal statement/essay. Personal statements should include the applicant's full name, be no more than 500 words, and uploaded as a PDF. Personal statements should address:
- What makes you interested in pursuing a career in education?
- What steps have you taken to explore your interest in education?
- What is a challenge you see in pursuing a career in dental education?
At least one letter of support (no more than two) from an academic professional that can speak on the quality of the applicant’s work while enrolled in their advanced education/graduate program at the School of Dentistry. Letters of support should be emailed to Mallory Hedquist, [email protected], and must be sent directly from the letter-writer. Letters of support are due by 4:00 PM, CST, on Monday, December 6, 2021. Letters-writers should follow the guidelines listed below:
- Letters should indicate the applicant’s full name.
- Letters should indicate how long and in what capacity the author has known the applicant.
- Letters should include specific examples of why the applicant is a strong fit for the scholarship.
- Letters should be on professional letterhead.
- Letter-writer’s signature is required on the letter. Along with full name, title, institution, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.