Join our Orofacial Pain faculty and graduate program alumni at the breathtakingly beautiful Sundance Resort for a unique continuing education experience. This event brings together program alumni, supporters, friends, and family for camaraderie and the opportunity to advance your practice. Our six-hour program, rolled out over three late afternoon evening gatherings, features discussions on emerging clinical research by future leaders in orofacial pain. Even better, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy full days of skiing, reconnect with colleagues, and bask in an affordable, opulent escape from your everyday practice.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
February 23, 2023 4:00 pm - February 25, 2023 6:00 pm
Sundance Mountain Resort
Course Number: CF3556
Our six-hour program features the new clinical research that is pertinent to the everyday practice of dentistry, showcasing the work of current and former residents of the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry TMD and Orofacial Pain program. Our instructors will discuss the predictors of the development of persistent orofacial pain, interaction between sleep and pain, the role of TMD in endodontics, medical device development for the treatment of TMD, and the use of telehealth for physical therapy treatment of TMD. The small group setting in this intimate venue is ideal for attendees to interact with speakers and peers.
The continuing education coursework and related discussion will occur between 4:00 and 6:00 PM. Warm snacks and a place to gather after the presentations will be provided. A detailed program will be available on August 30, 2022.
While Sundance Mountain Resort is extraordinary, we have amazingly affordable overnight accommodations under contract - available only to our participants. Check out the Already Registered Tab on this webpage to learn more and reserve your accommodations today.
PowderHounds, Forbes Travel, and Conde Nast Travel rate Sundance as one of their top three destinations for US-based skiing and resort experiences.
- There are no busy roadways, soaring skyscrapers, or sprawling retail outlets to disrupt your view. Instead, there is glorious skiing, pine trees, and art studios.
- The focus on preservation is apparent in details throughout the resort, such as the bar soap that is handmade on-site and the chargers at the restaurants made from recycled glass and hand-blown at Sundance by artists in residence.
- Wood-planked walls and floors, woolen blankets, stone-clad fireplaces, and exposed beams give spaces around the property a comfortable mountain lodge feel.
- Take advantage of Sundance's creative vibe with a class at the resort's on-site art studio. Craft your leather journal or learn to make souvenirs like soap, candles, and jewelry to impress your friends long after returning home.
- The resort is where the Sundance Film Festival began and continues to host select events.
Learn How to
- Discuss current care protocols and emerging trends in TMD, sleep, and pain among peers
- Consider team-managed care among TMD, sleep, and pain dental providers with physical therapy and psychology
- Assess the potential of dental MRI integration into dental practice
- Analyze research and case studies that aim to advance TMD, sleep, and pain-related care
Illustrated lectures, discussions, case studies