This two-day workshop—specifically designed for dentists—is an excellent opportunity to get unbiased, hands-on training on CBCT software. It will help you evaluate how these tools can advance your clinical and diagnostic skills and is a cannot-miss course for dental offices that are considering a major purchase or lease agreement.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
January 21, 2022 8:00 am - January 22, 2022 12:00 pm
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
6-410 Moos HS Tower
Course Number: CF3220
Enrollment is limited to 20
Day One will consist of lectures reviewing the principles of CBCT technology and methods to achieve maximal diagnostic imaging. The timely discussions will cover radiographic anatomy, artifacts and signs of pathology, clinically-relevant CBCT technical factors, protocols, radiation dose as well an expansive number of case studies. Day Two’s hands-on session will focus on the use of CBCT software and guide you through proper CBCT interpretation, using multiple clinical cases.
As CBCT software and practices continue to evolve in this quickly changing area of dentistry, the course will be updated to reflect what's new and significant to dental offices.
Learn How To
- Recognize applications of CBCT for orthodontics, TMD and implants
- Review the medico-legal implications of CBCT imaging
- Review a CBCT scan for pathology
- Identify most normal anatomic structures in multiplanar sections
- Grasp clinically relevant technical factors in CBCT imaging and how they influence imaging protocols and patient dose
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of CBCT examinations
- Outline and discuss the ethical responsibilities of the dentist/owner of a CBCT machine
- Discuss recommendations regarding CBCT selection criteria
- Recognize common abnormalities and incidental findings in CBCT images
Illustrated presentations, case studies, hands-on exercises and discussion
You must bring your laptop to participate in the course.