The medical, dental, ethical, and legal realities surrounding "medical marijuana" or "medical cannabis" are rapidly evolving in the United States. This presentation provides an overview of the current legal status, pharmacology, benefits, risks, and abuse liability of medical cannabis—along with a general framework for counseling patients. This course meets new prescriber continuing education requirements for opioid and pain management in Minnesota and throughout the United States*.
Register for Upcoming Sessions
Learn How To
- Consider your role in patients' ethical use of medical cannabis
- Understand the evidence for the therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis
- Recount the potential risks of medical cannabis
- Identify the key pharmacological differences between tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD)
- Apply knowledge about medical cannabis risk and benefits to conversations with your patients
*Please consult your state’s continuing dental education requirements prior to registering for this course. View Minnesota's continuing education requirement on opioids and non-pharmalogical pain management.
Electronically mediated: illustrated lectures, case studies